“And then [Jesus] told them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.’ “
The message of hope – of abundant, eternal life – the Gospel of grace is still out of reach for millions of tribal people. Even today, around 2,500 people groups have yet to hear the Good News, let alone have a body of believers that helps each of them in their journey of faith. The question is who will go; who will tell them?
Want to go? Not sure what to do?
- Pray. But don’t wait for an audible “calling” from God. He has already called to you through His Word (Mt. 28).
- Talk to the pastors and elders of your church.
- There are many short-term mission trips to every part of the globe. New Tribes offers several trips ranging from two weeks to two years. You can learn more by clicking here.
- New Tribes also provides many equipping opportunities. You can click here for more information on the Bible institute (the first stage in NTM’s missionary training), or here for the Missionary Training Center (the final stage in NTM’s missionary training).
- We also provide information on our resource page.
Fears and Excuses.
Though there are many excuses not to go, please don’t let them hinder you from obedience to God’s directing. Remember that Satan is a great liar and hates to see unbelievers come to a relationship with Christ.
You may feel unable due to one or more of the following:
- Your children, or size of your family.
- The need here (remember, there are over one hundred copies of the Gospel in the english language while millions have yet to receive one)
- Your age.
- Lack of education.
- Lack of special skills.
- Well-paying jobs.
- Not living near parents or grandparents.
- Poor speaking abilities.
- Haven’t found a spouse.
- Picky eater.
- Afraid of flying.
- The idea that foreign countries aren’t safe.
- Inability to learn a new language.
- Haven’t heard a special “calling”.
There are many people who are willing to go but are unable, due to health issues or disabilities. Though you may not be able to go to a foreign land there are still many things you can do here in North America.
- Financially support a missionary (we feel as though those who financially support our ministry are just as much a part of it as we are)
- Pray for missionaries and the unsaved (prayer is the most powerful tool we have in reaching the lost and those who commit to praying for us are as much a part of our team as anyone)
- Mobilize others. Many believers don’t know much about missions or about the need for missionaries. Host guest speakers. Start prayer groups. Share videos or articles.
- Encourage missionaries, missionaries in training, or people interested in missions.