“The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.”
Where are you going? We are headed to serve in the country of “Asia-Pacific“. (For our safety we are not mentioning the name of the country on our website, but you can look at the map below to see where/what country it is).
Please be praying for us as we continue researching and learning more about this country and its people. Also keep us in your prayers as we look to learn and become better equipped to share the gospel and bring tribal churches to maturity.
National Religions: 86.1% Muslim, 5.7% Protestant, 3% Roman Catholic, 1.8% Hindu
Unreached People Groups
: est. 308 (according to Wycliffe); 210 (according to Joshua Project)
NTM Working In: 35 People Groups
- The width of the country stretches 3,000 miles across the equator.
- Made up of 17,508 islands, 6,000 of which are inhabited.
- World’s fourth most populous country, with around 245 million people.
- The most populous Islamic country in the world.
- Home to the world’s largest lizard (komodo dragon), snake (reticulated python), and flower (Rafflesia).
- The government only recognizes six official religions: Islam, Protestantism, Catholicism, Hinduism, Buddhism and Confucianism.
- The government does not recognize agnosticism or atheism, and blasphemy is illegal (for exp., saying that God does not exist).
*Facts from CIA World Factbook & Wikipedia.