We have a calendar hanging on our kitchen wall (this beautiful NTM one). It not only reminds us of the things we’ve committed to during the week, but it is also a daily reminder to us how we only have a few more months left here in California. 5 months to be exact.
Knowing we have a time crunch really does help us to use our time even more wisely. Our heart yearns to spend as much time as possible with our English-speaking church family, studying language or the Bible in an air conditioned house, taking advantage of our dishwasher and hot showers (though a little difficult in this California drought), having Sunday dinners with our family, and taking Leo to places like the zoo or library while he still can.
Our goals for these next few months are to get to know people from our church and continue to build our team of partners and finish raising our financial support in preparation for our ministry in Asia-Pacific.
How can you be praying for us specifically?
- that the Lord will raise up financial partners
- that the issue with our Canadian residency status will be figured out
- that we’d build long-lasting friendships here
- that we’d encourage others to be involved in cross-cultural church planting
- that we’d find a paediatric cardiologist in Asia-Pacific
- that God would be preparing good co-workers for our ministry
- as we check off our things to do (i.e. write a will, get our typhoid shots, get our M license, etc.)
If you would like to join our ministry team as a prayer partner, please let us know! You can send us a message or sign up for our monthly e-mail updates. If you’d like to become a financial partner, you can find more info here or request a Partner Packet. Thanks!