“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6,7
This will be our last post from home in Durham… We’ll be headed to Toronto tomorrow after lunch, so I thought I’d share a few things before we’re off!
To stay updated on how Leo is doing, you can find frequent updates, pictures, and videos on our Facebook page, and find daily posts here on our blog.
Several have shared with us their desire to visit us while Leo is in the hospital. We would love to have visitors, and we know Leo would, too! Here is some information on visiting:
Sick Kids asks, “Do not visit the hospital if you are sick or have been sick in the last week.” This includes fevers, unexplained coughs, diarrhea, runny nose/sneezing, and rashes.
Visiting hours are from 11am to 8pm.
- Cardiac Critical Care Unit: Go to Atrium, take elevators to 2nd floor, section 2D
- Step-Down: Go to Atrium, take elevators to 4th floor, section 4D
- 4D/Cardiac In-patient Unit: Go to Atrium, take elevators to 4th floor, section 4D
- Ronald McDonald House: Is at 240 McCaul Street. There is no parking here. But you can take the subway, or park at Sick Kids.
If you would like to join us at Sick Kids while we wait during his surgery, feel free! We would love to have more people to hang out with as we wait. He’ll be admitted around 6am on the 22nd, and his surgery will begin around 8am (and last until after lunch).
How you can be Praying:
- That Leo won’t get sick before his surgery. And that he would be infection-free after surgery!
- That the date for his surgery won’t be canceled or postponed
- That the hospital staff will be prepared for his surgery. You can be praying for: cardiac surgeons, anesthesiologists, OR nurses, ICU doctors and nurses, etc.
- For a successful surgery. That Leo’s heart would transition well, and that no further surgery would be needed.
- For Mark’s body, that the stress from Leo’s surgery and staying in the hospital won’t bring too much pain.
- For strength, patience, and energy for Lauren as she’ll be staying with Leo once he is moved down to 4-D.
- That we would be spread the hope, joy, and peace there is to be found in Christ with those around us!
Thanks so much for praying with us!