[You can also read May’s Newsletter here]
This past month a missionary in PNG was teaching a lesson on Jonah, and noticed that one of the tribal men began to cry. The man said, “I was overwhelmed, thinking that now as an old man I am able to hear this wonderful truth after believing lies for so many years; and I cried because if you missionaries had not come I still would not have heard. So I am so thankful that you have come,” he replied.
For most of these unreached people groups, the gospel has taken several thousand years to finally reach them! Can you imagine knowing that generations and generations of your family members had no opportunity to hear the Truth of God’s Word? Christ died on the cross over 2,000 years ago, yet there are millions that still haven’t heard the gospel! Isn’t this an unfair tragedy?
We’ve been really encouraged lately from reading about other tribal people groups, once unreached, going and taking the Word of God to other villages and language groups. Be in prayer for the Higaunon in the Philippines, the Dinangat and the Siar in Papua New Guinea, and other new churches whose desire is to make the name of our Lord known!
Please consider joining our team, to share the good news of Jesus Christ with those who are still waiting.
What we’ve been up to this month:
- Leo had an appointment at Sick Kids in Toronto. You can read about it here.
- We moved to an apartment building in town! Our mailing address is still PO Box 707, Durham, ON N0G 1R0, Canada.
- Had a Skype interview with the field leadership in “Indo” (aka, Asia-Pacific). We will be contacting them again in October to give an update on Leo’s status.
- A church has offered to pay off the remainder of our Sick Kids bill! Praise the Lord for our generous brothers and sisters in Christ!
- Mark’s internship at the MTC ended this past week.
Please pray with us:
- We are now in full-time Ministry Partnership Development, looking to build a team of prayer and financial partners before we can consider coming on staff at NTM Canada while we wait for Leo to recover from surgery.
- For Mark as he helps the MTC students during Jungle Camp building, and as he goes on a 3 day canoe trip with them.
- Mark will be having another colonoscopy onJune 17th.
- Leo is having a heart cath on July 25th, and heart surgery possibly in August.
- For Mark as he disciples a group of young men in town.
- That we would have a Christ-like testimony in the presence of our neighbors and landlord.
Thank you for praying with us!
Till Every Tribe is Reached,
Mark, Lauren, & Leo