(Forgot to post last month’s update)
March 2013 Update
We heard a few weeks ago that in the last 12 months, New Tribes Mission has received invitations from 106 tribal groups for someone to come teach them about their Creator God! Isn’t that amazing?! The sad part is it that the “laborers” are too few! There aren’t enough missionaries, both in support and church planting roles, to bring the Good News to these people. God’s desire is for these tribal groups to have a reconciled relationship with Him, and it seems that these tribal people have a desire to hear the Truth. The problem is that, “faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ” (Romans 10:17). Unless someone moves into their village, learns their language and culture, translates the Bible into their language, shows them how to read, and begins teaching them through the Bible, these people won’t be able to hear about Christ or mature in their relationship with Him! How can you be a part of this? Pray! Give! Mobilize! Go! Please be in prayer with us, that these 106 unreached groups would become reached, and that more “hands” and “feet” would be willing to go.
This has been quite a month!
- Mark and four other guys on staff visited the two New Tribes Bible Institute campuses, and spoke in chapels to around 300 students about MTC Canada.
- A church offered to pay off the remainder of Lauren’s C-Section bill, and doctors waived over $3,000 in fees for other bills that we had! So blessed by their generosity and the provision of God! Please pray that the hospital would be able to reduce (or even waive) our remaining balance!
- We took Leo to the US Embassy in Toronto, and he is officially an American citizen!
- The doctors found evidence of Crohn’s Disease from Mark’s last colonoscopy, brought on by stress from Leo’s birth and surgery. Please pray that Mark will be able to de-stress, get rest, and that we’ll be able to learn what activities and foods cause it to flare up.
- Leo is still having difficulty eating and sleeping with his acid reflux. Please pray for healing for our little spitter.
Please pray with us:
- Lauren and Leo will soon be flying to Texas, staying in Grandview from April 16th to 30th. We are currently trying to find a travel insurance that will cover Leo’s pre-existing conditions and this is proving to be quite a challange!
- Student housing is expected to be full this coming fall semester, which is an answer to prayer, so we are beginning to look at apartments to rent in Durham, ON.
- Hoping to have an interview with the field chairman of Asia Pacific sometime in May.
- That the Lord would lead people to partner with us in prayer and in giving.
- Mark will be teaching through part of 1 Corinthians at the MTC this month.
Thank you so much for all of the prayers and encouragement we’ve received from you! We are so blessed to have such a wonderful network of believers supporting us!
Till Every Tribe is Reached,
Mark, Lauren, & Leo