Dear friends and family,
Thanks again for all of your prayers and encouragement! We are so blessed by our brothers and sisters in Christ!
Tonight Lauren was able to be discharged and will be spending the night with a very sweet retired couple that live five minutes from the hospital. They are friends of one of our elders from church, and graciously offered to let Lauren stay at their house and then drop her back off at the hospital in the morning. Mark is driving back home to Durham tonight because his parents need their van in the morning to go to a wedding.
Saturday morning Lauren has to return to the OB Triage at 9:30 for another steroid shot and another ultrasound to make sure that Leo’s heart rate has not dropped, and to check the Doppler readings again. Then Lauren will be able to finally go home (unless something comes up)!
On Monday at 8am we have to drive to Toronto Sick Kids Hospital for a fetal echo with the cardiologists there. It looks like the future plan is that we will be giving birth at Mt. Sinai hospital in Toronto and then Leo will immediately be transferred to Sick Kids where they would like to put in a pacemaker. They are planning on monitoring Leo throughout the remainder of Lauren’s pregnancy, to determine when she needs to be induced. We aren’t sure if they want this monitoring to take place in another Antenatal Unit in Toronto, or if this means Lauren has to drive back in forth between Toronto and Durham several times a week. We will find out more information on Monday. So far they mentioned possible induction at 34 weeks, which means we have to get ready a lot sooner than we thought! Anyone have any preemie clothes?
How you can specifically be praying for us:
– Safe travels between London and Durham and Toronto.
– That Leo’s heartrate won’t drop, and that his Type 2 AV block won’t develop into a complete AV block (which can lead to cardiac arrest).
– That Lauren isn’t a carrier for Lupus antibodies.
– Because of our expensive overnight stay and tests done at the hospital, Lauren’s maternity benefits are already half-way used. Just prayer that we can find ways to keep hospital costs down. We’re excited to see how God is going to provide!
– That the Lord will remind us of the grace and strength we have in Him during these unexpected and unplanned moments. We weren’t planning on being induced so soon! And it seems like Leo will be in the NICU for a while after birth – being a premie with heart defects.
– That we won’t miss too many classes or assignments these upcoming weeks! Graduation is only a month or two away!
Thanks again for all you prayer warriors!
– Mark & Lauren