Inspiration is an interesting thing isn’t it? As we think about what makes us “human”, inspiration, thought, emotions, intellect, imagination, etc., are very quick to pop into my head. When God created the universe, and when God created us, He used a passionate and lovingly creative “mind”. God breathed into man’s nostrils and man became a living being. We are created in God’s image: our mind, our emotions, and our will; all of these gifts reflect our Creator’s personality.
These updates often come irregularly due to my imagination and emotions. I always aspire to impart what the Lord is really laying on my heart as opposed to just sharing daily occurrences. Lately, the Lord, our wonderful and loving God, has burst into my mind like a flood and I feel the need to let you all know what He has been showing me.
I’m such a wretched sinner, I find myself regularly coming to the end of my limits; whether it be depression, pain, difficulties in marriage, difficulties in finances, the list continues seemingly without end. The Lord tells me to keep going (through His Word and people in His Church), but I have to admit that there are times when I come to a point where I want to quit. I think, “Lord…how can I do this? I’m so scared, the enemy is so strong. I need you Lord.”
I want you all to understand that I feel so incapable. I hope the impression that Lauren and I are some “super Christians” never comes out of anything that we do because neither of us feel that way. As I think about learning an unwritten language, of living in a completely alien country, and of sharing God’s news with people I’ve never met I get terrified. A lot of you have expressed that missions is “not for me” or something along those lines, but I want to say that if you have a personal relationship with Christ Jesus and His place for you in the Body of Christ is in a foreign nation bringing His good news to someone who has no way of hearing it, then that is the only place you will ever find true meaning
Keep living for Christ my friends, keep your thoughts on Him, and as always know that I love and am so thankful for all of you. Thank you for your prayers for us these past few months! You are all such an encouragement to us!
Until every tribe has heard or Jesus takes us home:
Mark & Lauren
- We are loving our classes and are enjoying getting to know our classmates.
- Mark’s sister gave birth to a healthy baby boy!
- We were able to find an affordable car insurance, and put our car on the road!
- For us to become better listeners and learners.
- For wisdom as we begin researching and contacting different fields while we are in training. Read more.
- That we would continue to build relationships with the students in our youth group.
- That the people of Siar in PNG would have open hearts as they listen to the gospel message (death, burial, and resurrection of Christ) this coming Friday! Read this article to see how you can be praying more specifically for them.