For a lot of you, this is the first update you have ever received from Lauren and I. Whether it’s your first or 100th I welcome you and thank you for showing interest in the lives and ministries that Lauren and I have committed ourselves to. As you may already know, we are halfway through our missionary training; having completed two years at New Tribes Bible Institute in Jackson, Michigan. Lauren and I are currently saving for our next two years of missionary training at the Missionary Training Centre in Durham, Ontario.
This month has been pretty challenging, and so I’d like to share with you all a question that has been going through my mind a lot, “Does my life show the lost people of the world who Christ truly is?”
As I’ve been reading the book, Crazy Love, by Francis Chan, I’ve been very impacted by the strong exhortations that are presented in it to be more than just “nominal Christians”. I just finished a chapter on lukewarm Christianity and thought how sad it is that many of us (myself included) are content to live out our lives going to church one day a week and never stop to think about just Who it is that we are able to pray to and have an active relationship with! Just think about the fact that the all powerful Creator of everything that exists desires to have a personal relationship with us and to reveal Himself through our lives and actions! How are we able to live our short lives not thinking about what an awesome responsibility, and privilege we have been given?
As I reflected on this idea my mind went to John 17:23 which says, “I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.” How often have I failed to love others even though I am commanded to do so in John 15:17. Not only this, but Jesus Christ Himself sums up the entire law with, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself” (Luke 10:27).
Let’s make the decision to be unified in love the way God wants us to be. Let’s try to remember that our actions could be the only physical witness of God that the world ever sees. How many times have you heard someone say, “I can’t deny there’s a God, but Christians are so _____ that I can’t believe they know Him”. Let’s change that saying to, “I didn’t used to believe there was a God until I met Christians and they showed me otherwise through their love and actions”. I know I want that to be what people say about me, and what God says about me when I stand before Him.
Until every tribe has heard: Mark
- That we will continue to study God’s Word and strengthen our relationship with Him. Also that He would reveal areas in our life that we need to surrender to Him.
- That we would glorify God no matter what the cost.
- For wisdom as we begin planning and preparing to apply for the Missionary Training Centre.
- We were able to visit Mark’s family for a week right after Canadian Thanksgiving!
- For such an awesome family and church families here in Texas that are such a blessing to us.
- Will be visiting our family and church in California from Dec. 16th to 24th!
- Building strong friendships and meeting a lot of great people!
- New brothers and sisters in Christ from the Moi tribe in “Asia Pacific”. Check out their testimonies here.