January 2014 Update
We are excited to share that we have begun our roles in the mobilization department for the Missionary Training Centre (MTC)! After sitting in a week of PR meetings, we’ve realized the importance for full-time representatives to share NTM’s vision with churches and individuals. We are pumped up and ready to tell people in Canada (and the U.S.) about how they can be involved in reaching the unreached.
You may wonder why rep work is needed. Why is it beneficial for church planting? Because there are unreached people groups dying without hearing the gospel, and God’s heart is for them to be reconciled with Him. He wants to save people from every tribe, tongue, and nation, and He has commanded us to make disciples in these places. About 15% of Canadians are evangelical Christians, and our passion right now is to share with them how they can be a part of the Great Commission. Just this past month we’ve already encountered many believers who want to help reach the unreached, but don’t know what to do next. It’s been amazing sharing with them on social media on in person how they can be involved… whether it is by giving to Bible translations, praying for more laborers, helping out with construction projects, being church planters, etc.
- Mark is working on the mobilization team and is responsible for giving campus tours, hosting prospective students, speaking and sharing at conferences and schools about New Tribes Mission and the MTC. He will also be co-teaching a class at the MTC again later this semester.
- Lauren is working on the mobilization team by managing MTC’s Facebook page, blogging for MTC’s website, admin work for Mark, planning weekend events for groups, etc. She is also helping out NTMC’s communications department by engaging with people on Twitter (@NewTribes), creating an iBook welcome packet, helping with promotional videos, graphic design, and other projects.
What we’ve been up to this month:
- We enjoyed hosting a prospective student from Bermuda this month. While he was here we saw it fitting to partake in a Polar Bear Dip. Here’s the video of us jumping in a frozen creek.
- We organized a weekend conference for a group of college students from Southern Ontario.
- Lauren has been approved to apply for permanent residency! This next process takes around 8 months.
- Mark is leading a Bible study with a group of young men.
- Leo loves to show off and lately he enjoys standing, saying “bzzzzz”, and coloring. He is also getting his 1st molar.
Please pray with us:
- Mark will be attending a missions conference at Heritage College & Seminary on Feb 10-12th
- Mark will be speaking in chapels at the NTBI’s in Wisconsin & Michigan from Feb 16-22nd. Please be praying that he can find someone to go with him.
- We are excited to help out with Off the Grid again this summer.
- That Lauren would grow more comfortable in driving our manual car (especially with Mark being away a lot these next two months).
- For Mark as we seek to find a medication to help his GAD.
Thank you for praying with us!
Till Every Tribe is Reached,
Mark, Lauren, & Leo